Recent dice rolls not random

• Citizens of Catan,

Has any one else notice this past week, almost statistically impossible roll spreads? I know this topic comes up from time to time, but something seemed off this week; such as 7's being rolled twice, and several numbers like 12/2, 11/3, never being rolled for several games in a row?

Almost every other game, the outlier numbers out rolled 7s and 6/8s. I understand this can happen once in a while, but I have played almost ~1,000s games and have not seen this consistency happen until last week.

Also, it almost appeared to have a pattern of rolls, for the free 3-player basic game match.

I just finished a game where 2's out rolled 8s, 3 to 1. (2 was rolled 6x, 8 was rolled 2x!)

• I just want to clarify, you haven't spent any gold in Catan and have played around 1000 of the free 3-player basic game match?

• @Inukshuk You aren't the only one to have noticed that. Many have documented that the RNG is not random.

• Please leave this site rather sooner than later...

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• @Jesus-liebt-Dich what makes you say that?

• @Inukshuk When posting this, I was referring to an earlier post in this thread, that has been deleted in the meantime. The guy had written some very insulting stuff which I thought was inappropriate.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• hey there jesus. i think there were definitely some inappropriate things said, but the post you're talking about was not insulting. it was true. the amount of anger i see people experiencing on this game is scary, and i think a lot of it comes from how poorly those who designed it have taken their fans into consideration. if you think the game is well designed, that's your prerogative, but ask around and look at the reviews on steam to see for yourself how let down many catan fans feel.

• Hey,

not sure if we are referring to the same post. It had been posted by a guy named Stanley Cubrick or something like that and it was really way out of line.

I can totally comprehend the frustration of many players and - to a certain extent - I share it myself. However, I wouldn't go so far to call the developers completely incompetent or fraudsters or things like that. And if people use swear words when talking about the developers, I think it is just absolutely unacceptible - as it is whenever a human being is addressed in such a way.

• i agree that the manner in which he went about his complaint was wrong, unacceptable even, but that doesn't negate the truth behind what he was saying. it appears to me (and many, many, others as indicated by all the negative reviews) that the developers care very little about their fans beyond getting their money. i wish he had used less offensive language, but that's kind of beside the point. that being said, good luck with all your "random" dice rolling and ill-conceived defense of this joke of a game.