NO Gold No Scrolls! How we should buy expansions on the browser?

• I am on level 20 right now and I have used up all my golds/scrolls. Nothing left. How am I supposed to unlock the expansions to be able to play them again?? Thanks for responses

• You will have to buy gold for real money and then use the gold as an ingame currency to purchase the games / expansions you would like to play.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• so what you are saying is that we have been playing catan online for years, we just spent the last however many months beta testing, and now that the game is FINALLY ready to play you are demanding that we pay to play? SERIOUSLY??

• Welcome to Capitalism, my friend... :/

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• @administrators I thought you said we would have enough scrolls to purchase the expansions? I had it before you moved over to the new site.

• administrators

@Hitsuji-o Since the commercial release every player gets 100 gold and 2 scrolls. The early access was free of any cost and we provided back then enough gold to unlock all expansions. This was also due to the fact that the shop wasn´t implemented back then.

• You complainers seem to be operating under the assumption that developing this game didn't cost CU anything. Why else would they invest in producing this game if not to make money? Would you go to work and then not expect a paycheck? Can anyone say "trophy generation"? Gimme, gimme, gimme, but I don't want to give anything in return. I'm not saying this game is perfect, or even that it's worth buying, but at least stop complaining that it's not totally free. That's just selfish and shows that you think more highly of yourselves than you should.

• @hellocataner I agree. Arguing for the sake of arguing makes no sense. Catan GmbH is as capitalistic as any company. Costs are incurred even in putting something like Catan Universe together. Personally, I would gladly pay if I could play Catan, but I'm not ready to drop any coins on this diluted version of Catan. Once I have a functional trading platform to play with where I can offer counter trades or 2:1 trades, and one that does not obstruct my view of the island, and have the option to play with the proper way of numbering the hexes (the spiral method), I'll come back to Catan Universe. Right now, it's gathering dust on my desktop.