The Rivals for Catan Guild

• Hi everybody,

I would like to invite all fans of the card game "The Rivals for Catan" to join my guild.

I am from Germany but I have decided to name the guild "The Rivals for Catan" (after the English title of the game) in order to appeal to players from all over the world. The "official languages" within the guild are therefore German and English.

I am one of the few exotics who enthusiastically play "The Rivals for Catan" without ever having joined a game of its "big brother", the way more famous and popular "Settlers of Catan".

With the guild, I would like to contribute to enhancing the degree of popularity of this great card game within Catan Universe. It is intended to become a learning platform for newbies on the one hand and a place where more experienced strategists can play / discuss with challenging opponents on the other hand. Furthermore, it would be great if we could develop a strong, active and friendly community in the course of time. A regular exchange between guild members concerning Catan (especially "Rivals") as well as all kinds of non-Catanian topics will be an essential part of this.

As a project for the future, I am also planning to hold weekly/monthly tournaments (perhaps even some kind of "league system", depending on the number of regular participants) with a few little prizes. In addition to this, practice games for total newbies will be running regularly on demand. If our future guild members live closely enough together I will also offer organising real life meetings for all those who would like to convert their friendship from digital to analogue. :)

While this has been a listing of quite ambitious and idealistic goals for the future, the guild is right now still at the very beginning of its development. However, I hope that with your help it will soon grow and progress in the described way. ;-)

If you find these lines and the concept presented above appealing and you feel like you want to be a part of this I will gladly accept your membership application (simply look for the guild "The Rivals for Catan" ingame and click "become a member").

In case of any further questions, please don't hesitate to send me a message - either here in the forum or ingame.

Update:
    Our guild has made great progess during the last couple of days: We have gained several new members and, thanks to the help of a friendly admin, we now have an own area in the forum. Visit us and have a look: :)

https://forum.catanuniverse.com/category/115/rivals-for-catan-guild

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."