What are other good online boardgames? Looking for recommendations…

• Hi there,

I'm really enjoying Catan Universe, but, it is possible to play too much Settlers! :grimacing:

Just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for any other online versions of boardgames?

I have never played Terra Mystica but I've just seen that is available on the Windows Store for PC, so I'm considering buying that…

Cheers

• boardgamearena.com has a lot of different board games. Beside the classics like chess, hearts etc it has modern games like Carcassonne, Love Letter, Race for the Galaxy, Tzolk'in etc.

In Steam there's also Ticket to Ride (It has much more positive reviews than Catan Universe, you can buy it on Steam, not using some kind of shady in-game purchases. And it is sometimes on sale. I got the game at 70% off I think.)

• I would recommend Terra Mystica (a lot more complex than Catan, but when you get into it, it is really fun and competitive), the digital implementation is one of the best as far as board games go.

Pandemic is also great, Smallworld, Carcassonne, Ticket to ride, San Juan (digital version of Puerto Rico) all got their respective digital versions and they are all very good.

In the end, it all depends on your personal preference, if you haven't played any of these games i suggest youtubing them until you find one that you like. For me Tera mystica and Pandemic are the best, but they can be a bit owerwhelming for a new player...

Cheers

Edit: Most of these are for Andorid, but i am pretty sure that ticket to ride and Smallworld got their own respective PC versions. Alternatively, you can also use android emulator and play them on a PC...

• Sorry for the slow replies!

@Stroom Ticket to Ride! I love that boardgame. Thanks for the suggestion I will definitely check it out.

@nafrljator Thanks for the recommendations. Terra Mystica is probably going to be my next purchase. I have never played it but like you say I can check out YouTube videos :thumbsup: