What if VoIP or Microphone was allowed, w/ mute option? Your opinions.

• OFF topic: Really liking the game and the latest update so far! Had to be said.

ON topic: What if the microphone or VoIP (=Voice over IP, aka communicating through microphone) was allowed, and with the option to mute or unmute the other players? I'am just curious about what the community and developers think of this feature. :smiley:

• No opinions on this topic at all? I am curious about this.

• When admin is silent, it generally means no.

• that, and i think the only thing they would imply is the mute, and maybe way further in the future the microphone option.

• I can think of one or more reasons why they won't do this, but I also think it is a brilliant idea. Someone has to already be doing this somewhere. I guess if you are in a guild, you can set up regular games and simultaneously skype.

• It would be very hard to monitore the conversations (like we do with the chat; the chatlog gets send to us if someone is reported) when using VoIP.

Therefore it is not a vaiable option for us right now to implement it in the game.

• @whuffo said:

I can think of one or more reasons why they won't do this, but I also think it is a brilliant idea. Someone has to already be doing this somewhere. I guess if you are in a guild, you can set up regular games and simultaneously skype.

Yeah, skype or other communications, most likely happens already in between guild players. But what if, you just want to communicate with random players, you don't know.

It will be easier for guild admins, to gather new players aswell.