Wrong Karma and Elo

• I haven't been playing online for a long time but after the last update my karma score fell from 4 stars to 1 even though I finish all the games and it shows that I don't have an elo score . (There is a (-) next to the elo). Even when I win nothing changes.

• administrators

@honeych All player stats have been reset with this update.

• The thing is that I've won games after the update and nothing happened. It's not normal that I have 0 elo and 1 karma score, since i haven't left any games and I've won most of the games I've played.

• administrators

@honeych Did you play Auto-Match?

• I couldn't since I have such low scores. It didn't find any players to match me with. You said all the data stats have been reset, so I should have 5 karma score, not 1.

• It makes more sense that by default players have less karma than maximum. Otherwise any new player can play with people who do not quit. But new players could be quitters.

@Administrator
    Default new user Karma should actually be 3 or something. Quitters should fall below the average so that they don't contaminate the games of new players. And players who play more and do not quit should get more karma so they don't play with new players who might or might not be quitters.

• @Stroom Friends of mine who just started playing have maximum karma. So did I when I started a few weeks ago.

• This is a player management issue for sure.

• administrators

Finishing the first Auto-Match game (playing until the end) will bring you up to 5 Karma .

• @Administrator How can reliable players avoid quitters if anyone can get maximum karma just like that?

• administrators

@Stroom As mentioned in previous posts... the algorithm will take the last 100 games you played in account for calculating your Karma. The latest games you finished or not will have more influence on the outcome.

• @Administrator so if a player has only played 1 game and finished it, he is as "reliable" as someone who has played 100 games and finished all of them? And 1 player who has only played and finished 1 game is more reliable than someone who has played 100 games and quit in 1? How does that make sense?

A quitter could make a new player, finish one game and then be placed in a game with players who have played 100 games and who never quit. And then he can quit and ruin the game experience for the reliable players.

Shouldn't reliable players be in a higher-valued group than players who haven't even played the full 100 games yet? It seems unfair that by completing 1 game you gain max karma. Please think this through again. Currently you have not solved the quitters problem, just hidden it behind more and more punitive measures which do not solve the problems. And with the new timer you are actually forcing people to quit if they run out of time. Again, ruins the gaming experience.

I think the default karma should be at 2 or 3 for all players in the beginning. If you quit, you go down in karma. As you play and finish all games, you gain more karma. To get 5 karma, you should consistently play games and finish them all. Playing only 1 game should not boost your karma up to 5, it should happen over maybe 10-50 games. This way the more reliable players will have a possibility to play with ACTUALLY more reliable players consistently.

How do you calculate the influence of "the latest games you finished or not"? Some kind of weight based on game order?

• Finishing auto match games has not adjusted my karma at all. One game said it gave me 5 karma, but my profile karma remained at 1 star (it also said it gave me gold too, but none there). I've gotten kicked out of two games because of time limits (without meaning to go over time-but who does, right?). Any idea what's up or if it's something I'm doing?

• administrators

@sbernier Could you please log out of the game and then relog so the data between your client and our servers are "forced" to refresh.

• @Stroom said:

@Administrator so if a player has only played 1 game and finished it, he is as "reliable" as someone who has played 100 games and finished all of them? And 1 player who has only played and finished 1 game is more reliable than someone who has played 100 games and quit in 1? How does that make sense?

A quitter could make a new player, finish one game and then be placed in a game with players who have played 100 games and who never quit. And then he can quit and ruin the game experience for the reliable players.

Shouldn't reliable players be in a higher-valued group than players who haven't even played the full 100 games yet? It seems unfair that by completing 1 game you gain max karma. Please think this through again. Currently you have not solved the quitters problem, just hidden it behind more and more punitive measures which do not solve the problems. And with the new timer you are actually forcing people to quit if they run out of time. Again, ruins the gaming experience.

I think the default karma should be at 2 or 3 for all players in the beginning. If you quit, you go down in karma. As you play and finish all games, you gain more karma. To get 5 karma, you should consistently play games and finish them all. Playing only 1 game should not boost your karma up to 5, it should happen over maybe 10-50 games. This way the more reliable players will have a possibility to play with ACTUALLY more reliable players consistently.

How do you calculate the influence of "the latest games you finished or not"? Some kind of weight based on game order?

Too long and too true post... Ignored by Admins :P

• @Administrator Thanks for the quick response and help!