Feedback list to developers

• EDIT@28/3: Firstly, thank you your efforts and for fixing some of the concerns I'm sure many others shared with me. I really enjoy the game and the opportunity to play it online. I'll keep this list as is and edit it as comments are made and I come back to update it. Below and in front of the numbers are the issues addressed or not addressed by the new update. I am not going to comment about non-game functionality issues as those are not important to me (i.e. boosters, scrolls, avatars, etc) and how enjoyment of playing games against AI has suffered.

I've played quit a few games at Catan Universe now, and believe I can offer some constructive feedback for a better playing experience. Caveat, though I mention PlayCatan below, I have never played there. My experience with PlayCatan is only via watching videos on YouTube. Anyone should feel free to add to the list. So, here is my CU feedback:

Major issues
    Trading interface (wholesale redesign is absolutely necessary)
    (not addressed) 1. It must not obstruct view of playing board; entire island should be entirely visible at all times,
    (not addressed) 2. Must allow counter offer(s),
    (not addressed) 3. Another suggestion; add buttons that mimic PlayCatan bells and whistles (V, X, 0, +, lock responses).

Timer
    (partially addressed; too short) 1. If there is a time limit for moves, then the timer must be visible,
    (not addressed) 2. Add a button for players to request more time (in 30 second increments, maybe), which would simultaneously notify others more time was requested,
    (not addressed) 3. A 3 (to 5) minute free period at the beginning of each game for players to study the board prior to placement.

New major concern:
    Purist option
    1. Number placement on the tiles should be according to the spiral rule. If it is not, it is not Catan. Please provide an option for those of us who want to play the game the way it was intended to be played.

Minor issues
    Functionality
    (addressed) 1. Ability to block, report, friend an opponent in-game (i.e. we should not have to wait until the game’s end),
    (addressed) 2. Speed up 7 rolls (everyone knows what I mean here).

Development cards
    (not addressed) 1. Better placement of request button (should not have to move the screen to get to it),
    (not addressed) 2. Better visibility of development cards in hand re PlayCatan (i.e. should not be presented as if holding the cards; current visibility of what you have is limited).

ELO
    (not addressed) 1. Make it an in-house metric (use it to rank common folk in tournaments, for example); do not make it public,
    (not addressed) 2. Better even—trash it,
    (not addressed) 3. Or, individual option to hide it from others.

Chat
    (?) 1. Increase font size in typing window,
    (?) 2. Needs word wrapping to avoid sentences being cut off.

Statistics
    (not addressed) 1. Should be available in game also,
    (not addressed) 2. More variety needed, including number of resources received/lost/used, times robbed, dice rolls, etc.

Victory points
    (addressed) 1. Should not be visible when acquired (alters other players' strategy).

• I agree with just about every thing above.

My major points included above:

Trading Interface-counter-offers and don't block the island

Timer-If it is used, it must be shown and 3-5 minutes before placement of initial settlement by 1st player

ELO-bring it in-house

• Yes very good comments to improve the game all of it.
    Also because there is random game option it should be visible somewhere in game how much points is needed for victory.
    Cards played should also be visible longer so you can read or a read back options maybe after turn.
    Having to scroll too much is also not very good. Like it was said all should be visible in 1 screen.