Help with installing windows pc client

• 1-catan u works fine on my macbook pro, just makes the fan go crazy, rebooting takes care of freezes, other issues are minor
    2-catan u does load in my chrome browser on my Asus Rog gaming laptop and I can play about half a game of Great/Greater Catan before it usually freezes
    3-When I reboot, I have to start a new game all over again. Requires me to login and I have lost all my settings and my crashed game
    4-After I install Catan U as a Windows pc client, an error (fehler) message appears when I try to launch it.
    Please help me successfully install Catan U pc client on my machine.

after multiple attempts, I am starting to get a little annoyed. Thanks.

• @whuffo said:

4-After I install Catan U as a Windows pc client, an error (fehler) message appears when I try to launch it.

do you have any spaces in the install path? I had the same problem after installing into "Program Files" dir

• I don't believe that I have any spaces in the install path, but it is hard for me to tell what is going on as the installation process is all in German. I am not even sure how to find the install path. From what I think it is, I don't see any spaces. Thanks for your help. I am using chrome to install it. Should I install Firefox instead?

• Also, are you using windows 10? Windows 7? Do you think there is any issue with Windows 10 which I am using? I will make a guess that many more Catan players use Windows 7 than Windows 10. I wonder if Catan even works with Windows 10. Just had another Great/Greater Catan game crash on me without being able to re-boot and get back in. Ouch!