C&K suggestions

• Some observations and suggestions, mainly related to C&K:

• I would like to have an indicator showing barbarians' current strength (i.e. number of cities) and knights' current strength. The player can, of course, count this up manually, but it would be much more convenient to have this information available at a glance.

• Seeing as many progress cards can not be used before their requirements are fulfilled, I think the Medicine card, before letting you use it, should actually check if you have 2 ore and 1 grain, and that you actually have a settlement to upgrade, and that you actually have cities left to build. A nice touch would be for it to automatically put you in "place city"-mode once played.

• Depending on the wording, some of the progress cards should be usable even if they have no effect. Attempting to use them would ideally issue a warning that they will have no effect, but they should still be usable if the player so wishes - there is strategic value in the ability to do so (namely burning Wedding/Saboteur/Master Merchant cards when you are in the lead, but expect an opponent to use a Spy on you and use those cards against you).

• The Mining and Irrigation cards currently are burnable - it would be nice if they had the aforementioned warning, too.

• If you have 5 progress cards on hand when you attempt to end your turn, you should be given the option to play one before your turn ends (rather than being forced to discard one), in case of forgetfulness.

• Here's one for Seafarers: The base concept of the map "Drought" is that grain is scarce on the main island. This works well with the default map, as the two grain hexes receive the number tokens 2 and 12, but when playing random map, the grain hexes can get any number tokens, meaning that grain will not usually be scarce.

• @Rescudo said:

• Depending on the wording, some of the progress cards should be usable even if they have no effect. Attempting to use them would ideally issue a warning that they will have no effect, but they should still be usable if the player so wishes - there is strategic value in the ability to do so (namely burning Wedding/Saboteur/Master Merchant cards when you are in the lead, but expect an opponent to use a Spy on you and use those cards against you).

This should not be possible, as it is forbidden by the rules: http://www.catan.com/faq/4888-progress-cards-general-may-i-play-progress-card-if-playing-it-has-no-effect

• Ah, I see, I did not know that. Thanks! This still means that the Mining/Irrigation cards should not be usable unless you will actually get resources from playing them.

• @Rescudo said:

Ah, I see, I did not know that. Thanks! This still means that the Mining/Irrigation cards should not be usable unless you will actually get resources from playing them.

That's true.