Another feature we implemented is the so called “Wildcard” trading. This allows you to set up a trade proposal containing only one side of the trade (e.g. “I want to give away sheep, give me something else for that.”). After you send out this request to the other players, they are able to fill out the other half of the trade proposal (e.g. “Ok, you give me sheep, I give you brick for it.”). The Player who initiated the trade is then able to browse through the different proposals of his opponents and choose what’s the most fitting.

alt

In this example Claymore (grey) is offering one sheep and is waiting for any offer from the other players. The picture shows the view of Pathfinder (green) as he receives the offer. He can now choose which resource he want to add to this offer and make a proposal to Claymore2, who now can accept or decline the offer.
All these changes and improvements will give you more strategic options while trading without interfering with the general game flow.

Speaking of game flow, we improved some of the UI- Elements to give you more easily access to information what is going on in the game right now.

We implemented the so called “live-ticker” which will give you info about whose turn it is and what action was triggered. Theses text based info will only be visible for a short period of time, so the view of the game board it obscured.
We also added an activity indicator. This indicator is visible on the lower right side of your display instead of the “roll dice”/ “end turn” buttons. It will glow in the color of the player whose turn it is as an additional indicator.
Last but not least we implemented an indicator for the strengths of the barbarian fleet and the knights of Catan. The indicator alters its position and size depending on who has the upper hand. This means no more city and knight counting one turn before the barbarian raid starts ;)

These are the most important and most vivid features beside many other smaller improvements we were working on for the last few weeks and we are excited to show them to you in the next release. As usual we will give you detailed patch notes where you can read up on all the changes and fixes we made.

We want to thank you for your patience you had and the feedback we received so far. You had a great influence on the decisions we made regarding the changes we presented to you in this post.

And there is more to come. Perhaps you already discovered some other changes, we made in the screenshots above?